Our desire is to see a church planting movement (CPM) happen in the Basque Country. These movements (also called disciple making movements) are defined as a rapid multiplication of indigenous churches planting churches that sweeps through a whole population segment.
The process starts with extraordinary prayer, hence the reason for this website. Paul Watson once said in a web conference that every single CPM that has happened in the world has been preceded by a prayer movement.
To get a brief (and overly simplistic) view of what we hope to accomplish you can view the flow chart below.
CPM’s typically have several critical factors. These 20 elements have been researched and documented by people such as David Watson. These 20 factors are posted on his blog post about CPM critical elements.
CPM’s are characterized by…
- Scripture as the source of all teaching and preaching utilizing discovery Bible studies.
- Focus on households/families/friend groups instead of individuals
- Make disciples, not converts.
- Teach obedience to the Word, not doctrine.
- Access ministries
- Plan and be intentional in access ministries, prayer, discovery Bible studies, evangelism, and church planting
- Start with the man of peace (Luke 11) or an existing relationship that will permit a Discovery Bible Study
- Appropriate evangelism using Discover Bible Studies
- Communities of believers (church) – usually in cell or house groups
- Reaching out (Missions)
- Reproducing disciples, leaders, groups and churches – this often happens rapidly
- Inside leaders – lay, local, indigenous leaders
- Authority of Scripture and the Holy Spirit
- Expect persecution
- Educating/teaching, training/coaching, equipping/mentoring
- Outside leaders model, equip, watch, and leave.
- Embrace local culture
- Expect spiritual conflict/warfare